What can bring more pleasure than the enticing aroma of freshly baked bread wafting through your house? There was a time when every household made their own bread, rolls, and other bakery goods. With the advent of manufacturing bakeries and the miracle of “sliced bread” during the 1950’s, more families bought their bread at the supermarket. Bread making was a dying art.
When trends turned toward whole foods and homemade standards in the kitchen, some genius came up with the idea of a bread machine. All the cook has to do is add the ingredients and close the lid. The machine does all the kneading and rising automatically. No more rolling, kneading, and dough rising under a cloth. The oven is not even necessary for the delicious breads that these machines can bake.
If you have a bread machine that is hiding in your pantry, why not get it out and whip up a scrumptious loaf of homemade bread? Let you family think that you did all the work by hand. Only you will know the secret! Try one of these heavenly bread recipes for your bread maker today:
- Classic Country White Bread
After tasting a piece of this awesome homemade bread, your family will not eat store-bought bread again:
- 1.5 cups of warm water (not hot)
- 2.5 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of bread flour
- 2.5 teaspoons of yeast formulated for bread machines (instant or rapid rise)
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1.5 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
Each machine is different. Add your ingredients in the recommended order from your machine’s instructions. Press the rapid setting button and start the machine. After the bread is finished, put in on a rack to cool. Use a serrated bread knife to slice even slices. Delicious toasted with a little butter.
- Milk and Honey Loaf
This sweet bread dough is perfect for rolls. It also makes awesome French toast!
- 3 tablespoons of quality honey
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon of whole milk
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter (not margarine)
- 3 cups of bread flour
- 2 teaspoons of active dry yeast for bread makers
- 1.5 teaspoons of salt
Add the ingredients according to your bread maker’s directions. Set the timing on medium crust. Allow to cool on a rack before you slice it.
- Italian Bread With Herbs and Parmesan
Do you want a delightful bread that will go with your favorite spaghetti or lasagna dinner? Try this flavorful bread:
- 1 1/3 cups of warm water (not hot)
- 2 tablespoons of a quality olive oil
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic-crushed
- 3 tablespoons of your favorite fresh Italian herbs. Try oregano, rosemary, chives, or basil blends. You can use dried herbs, but the flavor will not be as robust.
- 4 cups of bread flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese (not the powdered cheese in the green jar)
- 2 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
Follow the advice of your bread machine instructions for order of ingredients. Push basic cycle with a medium crust. Let bread cool completely on a rack before you slice it. This recipe will make a lovely 2 lb. loaf.
When you try these recipes, your bread machine may become of the most-used appliances in your kitchen. Look for other tantalizing bread machine recipes that the whole family will enjoy! When you control the ingredients, you know that you will have the best quality. And if you do not yet have one of these babies and are looking for the best bread machines money can buy, you will perhaps find the review below helpful: